Stadiums and sports arenas are particularly sensitive areas prone to mass casualties and stampede when packed to full capacity. Therefore, the proposed work is carried out to identify the potential seismic hazards to the existing structures and to brief about the present status, and if required recommend for the need of detail structural assessment of the structures.
Objective of Study:
- Evaluate the structural status of the existing structures by using qualitative method of the vulnerability assessment of structures
- Check for the functional requirement of the stadium structure during crunch hours in context of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
The scope of the work for assessment is as follows:
- Conduct a survey to determine the structural characteristics of the stadium.
- Review the existing documents mainly the drawings
- Assess the structural earthquake vulnerability of the buildings by qualitative method.
- Carrying out the Non-destructive tests of the existing structures and performing a quality check on their current status.
- Determine the structural status of structures and recommend whether detail structural vulnerability analysis is required or not.
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Name of Client:Nepal Sports Council
Completion Date: July, 2013